by simon baird

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Friendfeed

Here's the thing. If I care about something I've already subscribed in my rss reader. If I don't care about it then I don't care about it. So what is friendfeed doing for me? I suppose it's a way to discover other feeds related to people I know. But how important is that to me? Not very. Scoble claims it's about the conversation, by which I take it to mean comments on friendfeed items. Who has time for that? Trackbacks and blog comments are the conversation aren't they? If you have something important to say are you going to put it into a comment on a friendfeed? Doubt it. So in other words it's "inconsequential chatter" which I can get plenty of elsewhere on the internet. I'm not saying friendfeed is a bad idea, I guess I just don't think it's going to be as big as some people are predicting.

No comments: