by simon baird

Saturday, November 10, 2007

this morning

If you've ever been to the Parkside Post Office (my local) you'll know the guy who runs it is a bit of a character (read nutjob). He's not entirely unlikeable though.

Post Office guy: Can I help you?
Me: Yeah, I have some registered mail to pick up.
PG: (Get's it) Oh, right, oh I have to tell you I took the tickets out and sold them. Tickets right?
Me: (Nod)
PG: (To post office woman). What do you reckon, eh? I took the tickets. Ha ha. Just a blank piece of paper in here now.
Post Office woman: (uncomfortable smile)
Me: Right, yeah. I hope not.
PG: You going to see some of that "rock-n-roll" music I bet. Or were going. Ha ha.
Me: Actually it's a harp playing folk singer accompanied by the Sydney Symphony at the Opera House. You might like it!
PG: Oh well a good friend of mine is an Opera singer.
Me: O-kay.
PG: The harp is a good instrument played well.
Me: Indeed it is.
PG: Sign here. And can I see some ID.
Me: (Leaving) This better not be a red light camera fine...

No comments: