by simon baird

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

one sunday

[location: overflow at sunland plaza. i'm looking for letter box numbers. milly is looking for rabbit-ear antennas]

fm radio station break: If you wanna hear some stuff, then you've come to the right place

milly: oh my god. did you hear that?

me: 'hear some stuff'? is that what they said? 'hear some stuff'? f**king hell

milly: that is the stupidest thing i've ever heard on the radio (and that's really saying something)

me: perhaps it was meant ironically

random woman in store: [beaming] that's just how we are up here [meaning townsville, I presume...] - we're just so relaxed

milly: [icily] well i was born here and i'm not that "relaxed"

woman: (scowl, scurry)

me: (giggle)

2 comments:

Green Apple Cat said...

good one Milly. ha ha

Gomez said...

mwa ha ha ha!