by simon baird

Friday, April 28, 2006

The wedding of the year

Tomorrow is the one month and two week anniversary of the wedding of the year. In honour of that special occasion I present my feature on the wedding of Scott and Miranda.


This is the rental car we drove for the weekend. It's a yellow Hyundai Getz. Easy to find in carparks.


Tim, John and Scott near some very large trees.


We stayed at Lisson Grove. I think you are supposed to be a honeymoon couple in order to stay there. The complimentary two course breakfasts were outstanding but the tap water is brown and smells. So overall I have to give it a C-.


Some of the aforementioned breakfasts.


I didn't really get any photos of the ceremony due to my duties as iPod Jockey but here's a couple after it was all over. I would have to say it was one of the nicest weddings I can remember. I don't always cry at weddings but who can withstand quotes from The Velveteen Rabbit!


Scott looked quite dashing with those shoes (and the beautiful new wife.. :)


The happy couple danced to New Buffalo and delivered touching speeches. The reception was very nice with lovely food and beverages and some greek dancing. I have some other nice photos but most feature Millicent who must remain undercover.


On the road to St Bernards. The sign clearly says ducks crossing. Stupid illiterate geese.


I would not be surprised if Mount Tamborine is the spider capital of the world. This one was about the size of your hand. You can see her well-stocked larder.


No comments: