by simon baird

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

reasons to wear safety goggles #49

My unfortunate brother writes about his experience with Recurrent Corneal Erosion Syndrome. Ouch...... I mean OOOOWWWUCH!!!! I gave him an iPod shuffle stuffed to the brim with sweet tunes and geeky podcasts. I think it helped him through his long sensory and sleep deprivation. Who needs an iPod video when you can hallucinate your own video clips. Thinking it might help I included a meditation audio book by Alan Watts who's WikiPedia bio says he was quite fond of the pschedelic drug, DMT, which I'd never heard of until yesterday. I don't know a tryptamine from a histamine but damn it's fun to browse the Erowid experience vaults. If you find stuff like this interesting (and who wouldn't) then google for Terence McKenna. And always wear safety goggles.

3 comments:

actioneyewear said...

I totally agree with you. And we could find even more arguments for this.

customoptics said...

While stock eyewear frames will work for most people who need or want eyeglasses, personally, I want more. More colors, retro designs, or even just something extra special or that has meaning for me.

safetysunglasses said...

Continuing the same logic, people should also be aware of the importance of wearing safety sunglasses as well, and not just for fashion or looks! Health is more important.